top of page


There are three qualifiers for membership in the VFW, as set out in our By-Laws. An individual must meet all three in order to become a member. They are as follows:

1: Citizenship – must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.

2: Honorable Service – must have served in the Armed Forces of the United States and either received a discharge of Honorable or General (Under Honorable Conditions) or be currently

3: Service in a war, campaign, or expedition on foreign soil or in hostile waters*. This can be proven by any of the following:

- An authorized campaign medal 
- Receipt of Hostile Fire Pay or Imminent Danger Pay (verified by a military pay statement)
- Service in Korea for 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days

Stop in Today to pick up an application

1501 LaSalle St

Ottawa, IL 61350

Annual Dues are $40

Or submit an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Eligible Medals

Renew your commitment

If you are a current member of the Veterans Of Foreign Wars click on the link below to renew your annual dues electronically.

bottom of page